Paper Menagerie

my collection of origami and papercraft projects

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

showing his manhood

Well we ended up going to Barnes, and buying one of those kits that has a book and some origami paper. It wasn't a bad deal I s'pose.. 3 books, and 96 sheets of 6in origami paper.
I have to confess, I've never used actual origami paper, and so it was an experience in itself. Anj, being the perfectionist that he is.. o all powerful asian know-it-all... was meticulasly repetitive and anal about his folds. So, of course, his came out, but mine didn't. I was stuck on a new fold in the book, and had otherwise been doing pretty good with it; while across the table he was struggling. When he finished his, he came to assist me with mine, and thats where it went awry.
He made me redo the thing from the beguinning. Then after I had gotten it back to that same point I had left at with the last piece, he told me once again that I hadn't done it perfectly and that I needed to do it again...
It was ridiculous! I would never have expected my first attempts at a piece to come out perfectly anyway, and here he is (not even someone that enjoys it) demanding perfection.
Alas! Maybe he is a man after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home