Paper Menagerie

my collection of origami and papercraft projects

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

so neglected-attempts pt 1

You are completely right.. I don't update this as nearly enough as I should.. but I'm also going to show you why... The following (after I get these pics uploaded and finished are examples of why I don't have too many models on here... for every good one I get done, there are about 5 that didn't make the cut.. they looked horrible, they just were dumb (I mean u can only see how many boxes and crap before they just look a little mundane) or I just got stuck on a step so I threw it in the box for later.
That's the thing about origami really.. more have nots than haves. So, here is a bit of a window into my little box of goods... the good and the bad... here they come (even if I don't remember what I was attempting in the first place.
Take a peek ...
my box o origami... yes, getting full
paper cranes... kissing cranes



Inflateable Goldfish... notice how it's not inflated

Lotus flower attempts




Allllmost a crane there.. but not quite


Some dumb bird.. noticing a pattern here yet?
I have no clue here.. probably a bird and i got frustrated so I crushed it a bit..

Summation.. birds suck. Yes. Yes. Yes they do. Most of my failed attempts have really been birds or flowers.. I didn't even bother to take pictures of the "boulders" in the bottom of the box.. models that may or may not have been done nice and/or crushed by the kids. Now, to make some more posts with actually decent stuff from in there.. even if it is boring crap. Hope you enjoyed though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home